Oil Search IDs O&G Shows at Yemeni Well
AWE Limited reported that as at 06:00 Yemen time (-7 hrs AEST) on July 7, the Jebel Al Milh-1 well was at a depth of 2,747 metres and drilling ahead in 121/4" hole in the Madbi Formation. While drilling through the Lam Member of the Madbi Formation, elevated gas and oil shows were encountered. Progress for the week was 151 meters.
Jebel Al Milh-1 is located 16 kilometers north-northeast of the Al Meashar-1 well, which recently discovered oil in the basement. The primary target is fractured Pre-Cambrian basement and the structure is well defined on 3D and 2D seismic. The well is expected to drill to a depth of approximately 3,700 meters.
The participants in Block 7 are:
- ARC Energy Holdings Ltd 21.25%
- Oil Search (ROY) Ltd (Operator) 34.00%
- Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (Aden) Ltd 21.25%
- Yemen General Corporation for Oil and Gas 15.00%
- Mitsui E & P Middle East B.V 8.50%
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
- Oil Search Q3 Revenue Beats Forecasts (Oct 18)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)