Ramboll Wins FEED Contract for Qatar Petroleum's Dukhan Fields
Ramboll Oil & Gas is successfully appointed as the main contractor by Qatar Petroleum (QP) to carry out Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) in the Dukhan fields.
Ramboll is to carry out FEED for the well casing cathodic protection system for oil, gas & product water interface (PWI) wells.
600 wells at the Dukhan fields
The Dukhan fields are located in west part of Qatar and approximately 95 km from its capital Doha. The Dukhan field wellheads are geographically spread over an area of 85 km (north to south) x 20 km (east to west). There are about 600 wells presently active in the Dukhan field. Some of the wells are about 50 years old.
A historical achievement
The award of this FEED project represents a significant milestone for Ramboll Oil & Gas Middle East. Business Development Director, Tommy Laursen stated, "This is a historical moment for Ramboll Middle East. With this achievement, Ramboll will be an accomplished player for future FEED projects in the region."
Cathodic protection specialists from Abu Dhabi
Corrosion Technology Services (CTS) from UAE will support the project as sub-contractor and cathodic protection specialists.
- Qatar Says It's Fulfilling Oil and Gas Deals Despite Gulf Crisis (Sep 13)
- Cyprus Says to Push Ahead with Energy Plans Despite Challenges (Jun 29)
- Statement: Qatar Petroleum, Shell Sign LNG Bunkering Agreement (Jun 13)
Company: Ramboll more info
- Ramboll Acquires Aberdeen-Based Apply Altra (Jun 09)
- Ramboll Expands Footprint into North American Market (May 14)
- Ramboll Acquires Oil and Gas Consultancy in Houston (Oct 02)