Total, Conoil Hit Hydrocarbons Offshore Nigeria


Nigeria, West Africa
(Click to Enlarge)

Total Exploration & Production Nigeria along with the operator, Conoil Producing, discovered hydrocarbons in the central portion of the Oil Mining Lease OML 136, offshore Western Nigeria. The Agge-3B.T1 well, located in a water depth of 459 feet (140 meters), reached a total depth of 8,891 feet (2,710 meters). Aimed at exploring an undrilled compartment of the Agge structure, the well discovered several gas bearing reservoirs totaling a gross thickness in excess of 492 feet (150 meters). A production test that was performed over the lower intervals flowed at a rate of 21 MMcf/d on a 36/64-inch choke. Studies are ongoing to assess further development options for the well, along with other discoveries in the block. Conoil Producing Limited serves as the operator, holding a 60% interest; Total Exploration & Production Nigeria holds the remaining 40%.

continue reading the full article

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Technical Services Manager - Production Chemicals
Expertise: Chemist|Production Engineering|Stimulation
Location: Midland, TX
 
United States Houston: R&D Cementing Engineer - Petrophysical Applications
Expertise: Chemical Engineering|Mechanical Engineering|Petroleum Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
 
Land GIS Spatial Analyst - Mineral Land
Expertise: Contracts Engineer|Geologist|Lease Analyst
Location: Denver, CO
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $48.06/BBL 2.51%
Light Crude Oil : $45.77/BBL 2.17%
Natural Gas : $2.97/MMBtu 2.30%
Updated in last 24 hours