Valiant Tests 4MMscf/d at Tybalt Well

A second exploratory well, 211/8c-4Z, on the Tybalt field was tested, flowing at a peak rate of 5,400 bopd and 4 MMcf/d on a 56/64-inch choke, representing a combined rate in excess of 6,000 boepd. Oil samples from the test confirm a light crude oil with an API of 38 to 40 degrees. The current well will be suspended for potential use as a future appraisal or development well.

After analyzing gathered data, Valiant suggests that the current well was not ideally placed in order to evaluate the full extent of the discovery. Further evaluation will be carried out to focus on defining the extent and nature of the Upper Magnus reservoir in the area to pinpoint an exact location for an appraisal well, which Valiant intends to drill in the next 12 months. The Tybalt prospect is situated in Quad 211 in the UK sector of the North Sea. Valiant owns an 80% operating interest in the prospect; Agora Oil and Gas owns the remaining 20%.

continue reading about Tybalt on SubseaIQ

continue reading the full article

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Completions Supervisor
Expertise: Drilling Foreman / Drilling Supervisor|Production Engineering|Workover or Completion
Location: Watkins, CO
Lead Riser Engineer
Expertise: Project Engineer|Subsea Engineering|Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines
Location: Houston, TX
United States El Reno: Perforating Specialist, Assoc
Expertise: Perforation|Petroleum Engineering
Location: El Reno, OK
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $59.02/BBL 3.79%
Light Crude Oil : $52.22/BBL 3.07%
Natural Gas : $2.92/MMBtu 1.31%
Updated in last 24 hours