South Oilfields Back into Production

CNOOC announced that its BZ25-1/BZ25-1South oilfields, which suspended production due to facility damage caused by strong winds in November 2009, are back into production.

Currently, the production capability of BZ25-1/BZ25-1South oilfields has recovered to its normal level. The fields can produce about 27,000 barrels of oil per day before the incident.

After the strong winds, in order to resume its production as early as possible, the Company, together with its partner, worked out a recovery plan for BZ25-1/BZ25-1South oilfields and implemented it in a timely manner.

BZ25-1/BZ25-1South oilfields, jointly developed by CNOOC and Chevron, are located in the southeast part of Bohai Bay. CNOOC holds 83.8% interest and acts as the Operator, while Chevron holds the remaining 16.2% interest.

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Junior Field Operator
Expertise: Field Development
Location: Odessa, TX
 
Field Operator II
Expertise: Field Development
Location: Odessa, TX
 
Production Engineer II Job
Expertise: Petroleum Engineering|Production Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $51.49/BBL 1.02%
Light Crude Oil : $49.04/BBL 0.59%
Natural Gas : $2.97/MMBtu 1.71%
Updated in last 24 hours