ONGC Videsh Begins Libyan Exploration

Drilling of first exploratory well by TPOC- OVL consortium in block NC-188 in Libyan commenced earlier this month. A high capacity rig GW-118 is deployed for this purpose in the challenging terrain of the Sahara deserts. Spudding of the well is considered to be an important milestone after successful completion of seismic campaign of 2D and 3D data acquisition. Pre-drill 3D seismic studies carried out jointly by TPOC OVL team has enhanced the understanding of existing plays in the block and identifying the drilling location.

OVL holds 49% stake in two exploration Blocks; NC 188 and NC 189 where the remaining 51% is held by TPOC, who is also the operator.

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles
Related Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $49.98/BBL 1.59%
Light Crude Oil : $49.18/BBL 1.56%
Natural Gas : $2.73/MMBtu 1.44%
Updated in last 24 hours