West Sirius Commences Ops for BP in GOM
Seadrill confirmed that on June 3, 2010, the ultra-deepwater semi-submersible rig West Sirius will start operations for BP.
The term contract between Seadrill and Devon Energy for West Sirius for operations in the US Gulf of Mexico has been assigned to BP through an agreement between BP, Devon Energy and Seadrill related to BP's acquisition of deepwater exploration acreage and prospects in the US Gulf of Mexico from Devon, announced in March 2010.
As such, West Sirius has a remaining contract duration with BP in excess of four years.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
- Seadrill Warns Again Of Chapter 11 As Extends $14B Debt Talks (Jul 26)