Cargotec Seals Deal to Install Subsea Systems on Vessel
Cargotec has signed EUR 20 million contract for MacGregor subsea load and module handling systems to be installed on Hallin Marine's 'ground-breaking' design of compact semi-submersible (CSS) offshore vessel. The equipment will be delivered during the second half of 2011.
"We focus on delivering integrated solutions that will optimize the functions, and thus the overall functionality, of a specific ship type," says Henrik Vildenfeldt, Cargotec's senior vice president responsible for offshore load handling. "Contracts such as this are testimony to our customers' confidence in both the superior technology and reliability of MacGregor equipment, and our ability to provide complete integrated solutions that will ensure sustainable, function-intended operations."
Hallin Marine says the 84m-long by 32m-wide twin-hulled compact semi-submersible (CSS) will be named CSS Derwent, and is the culmination of a five-year project designed to deliver 'large boat capability' at the price of a much smaller vessel, with a primary focus on light well intervention. CSS Derwent was designed by STX Canada Marine Inc.
MacGregor systems comprise:
- a 150 tonne subsea active heave-compensated knuckle-jib crane with a 3,000m wire capacity
- an offshore service crane
- several ROV launch and recovery systems including moonpool-based and deck-mounted versions with umbilical winches
- a module-handling system with a tower, moonpool system and a fully integrated deck-skid system.
With its global service organization, Cargotec offers integrated service solutions to marine and offshore operators. As part of the service agreement pertaining to this contract, Cargotec will deliver equipment with remote diagnostic capabilities and provide operator training courses.
Cargotec will design, manufacture and test contracted systems at its offshore load handling competence centers in Norway and Singapore.
- Hallin Completes Replacement of Mooring Lines for FPSO HYSY111 in China (Aug 26)
- Hallin Supports Subsea 7 in Offshore Installation Work in Bay of Bengal (Apr 17)
- Hallin Marine Completes Subsea Project at Thailand's Bualuang Oil Field (Feb 28)