Technip Secures Subsea Contract for Kitan Project
Technip has been awarded a contract by Eni for the Kitan field development project. This field is located in approximately 350 meters of water, in an area of the Timor Sea jointly administered by Timor-Leste and Australia, 500 kilometers off the Australian coast and about 250 kilometers south of the Timor-Leste capital of Dili.
The contract covers:
- project management and engineering,
- supply and installation of 23 kilometers of flowlines(1) and risers(2),
- installation of the umbilical(3) system.
Technip's operating center in Perth, Australia will execute the contract. The pipelines will be manufactured at the Group's plant in Le Trait, France.
Offshore installation is scheduled to start in the first half of 2011 using the Venturer, a construction vessel from Technip's fleet.
This award reinforces Technip's position in the expanding Subsea market in Asia Pacific.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)