Oil Search Drills Ahead at Yemeni Well
AWE Limited reported that as at 06:00 Yemen time (-7 hrs AEST) on May 19, the Jebel Al Milh-1 well was at a depth of 509 meters and drilling ahead in 17-1/2" hole after setting 20" casing at 500 meters. Progress for the week was 265 meters.
Jebel Al Milh-1 is located 16 kilometres north-northeast of the Al Meashar-1 well, which recently discovered oil in the basement. The primary target is fractured Pre-Cambrian basement and the structure is well defined on 3D and 2D seismic. The well is expected to drill to a depth of approximately 3,700 meters and to take 85 days to drill.
The participants in Block 7 are:
- ARC Energy (Subsidiary of AWE) 21.25%
- Oil Search (ROY - Operator) 34.00%
- Kuwait Foreign Petroleum 21.25%
- Yemen General 15.00%
- Mitsui E & P Middle East 8.50%
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
- Oil Search Q3 Revenue Beats Forecasts (Oct 18)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)