Valiant Commences Phase II of Don Development

John Shaw Semi-Submersible Rig
(Click to Enlarge)

The John Shaw semisub has arrived at the Don Southwest field to begin drilling operations for phase two of field development. This phase will be targeting reserves in the Horst compartment in the northern area of the field located between Areas 5 and 6. Field development includes drilling a production well and then a water injection well to deliver pressure support into the compartment. Drilling should be completed during the third quarter of 2010.

The semisub will then drill an appraisal well into the H compartment of Don Southwest, and potentially a third production well on the West Don field, subject to final partner agreement. Don Southwest is located on UK Block 211/18a, roughly 6 miles (9.5 kilometers) away from the UK/Norway median line. The field is 60% owned by Petrofac and serves as operator; Valiant owns the remaining 40% interest.

continue reading about Don Area on SubseaIQ

continue reading the full article

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Technical Services Manager - Production Chemicals
Expertise: Chemist|Production Engineering|Stimulation
Location: Midland, TX
Store keeper / Warehouse - Zanesville Ohio - 6200
Expertise: Storeman|Supply Chain Management|Warehouse Person
Location: Zanesville, OH
Roustabout Thereafter Job
Expertise: Roustabout
Location: Silverthorne, CO
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $48.06/BBL 2.51%
Light Crude Oil : $45.77/BBL 2.17%
Natural Gas : $2.97/MMBtu 2.30%
Updated in last 24 hours