Statoil Enters Contract to Support Marulk Field Development
Technip signed an agreement with Statoil ASA for the fabrication and installation of a pipe-in-pipe flowline to support the Marulk field development. Statoil is carrying out parts of the field's development on behalf of the operator, Eni. Marulk's initial development will consist of two wells tied-back to the Norne FPSO.
Technip's Spoolbase in Orkanger, Norway will complete the pipeline fabrication while installation will be performed by Apache II, a newly converted vessel, in the first half of 2011. The signed agreement is based upon the plan for development and operation with Authority approval expected this summer 2010. Situated on Blocks 6507/2, 6507/3, 6607/12 and 6607/11 in a water depth of 1,250 feet (381 meters) is the Marulk field. Eni holds a 20% operating interest of Marulk; Statoil holds 50%; and DONG holds the remaining 30% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)