CNOOC, TPAO Finalize Iraqi Oil Field Deal
CNOOC, via its wholly owned subsidiary -- CNOOC International, together with Turkish Petroleum (TPAO), have signed a technical service contract for the development and production of the Missan Oil Fields within Iraq.
The Missan Oil Fields are located in the southeast of Iraq, about 350 kilometers southeast of Baghdad.
The TSC has a contract term of 20 years and the Company has undertaken to increase the daily production of the Missan Oil Fields to 450,000 barrels within six years.
The Company will earn US $2.3 per barrel on the incremental oil production once the daily production has been raised by 10 percent from its current level and will recover its expenditure through a cost recovery mechanism.
According to the TSC, the Company acts as the operator and holds 63.75% participating interest while TPAO holds 11.25%. Iraqi Drilling Company, a local Iraqi company, holds the remaining 25% in the project.
Mr. Fu Chengyu, Chairman and CEO of the Company welcomed the signing of the TSC and commented, "It is a great pleasure to participate in rebuilding Iraqi's oil industry together with TPAO. CNOOC and its partner will carry out an active investment plan on the development of the Missan Oil Fields, to increase the production level for the benefits of all parties."
TSC will be effective subject to a few pre-conditions including the approval from Iraq.
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- China's CNOOC Begins Oil Partner Hunt in Mexico Deep Waters (Sep 15)
Company: TPAO more info
- KOGAS Says Starts Commercial Crude Oil Production in Iraq's Badra (Sep 01)
- Turkey's TPAO Signs $1.5B Deal To Buy Total's Stake In Azeri Gas Project (May 30)
- Turkey's TPAO Says In Talks With Exxon, OMV, MOL For Joint Oil Exploration (Feb 19)