Statoil Gets Go-Ahead to use Semisub in North Sea

Alve Production Phase in to Norne
(Click to Enlarge)

The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway granted Statoil consent to use the West Alpha semisub to drill and complete well 6507/3-L-4 H/AH on the Alve field. The 6507/3-L-4 H/AH well will test the oil-water contact in an adjacent formation, then the lower part of the well will be permanently plugged, and the production well will be drilled and completed using a sidetrack into the producing formation. When the well is completed, it will be tied in to Norne's production facility. Drilling is expected to start on May 15, 2010 and should last about 60 to 75 days. The Alve gas and condensate field is located 10 miles (16 kilometers) southwest of the Norne field in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea in Production License 159B. Statoil serves as the operator, holding an 85% interest; Dong E&P Norge holds the remaining 15% interest.

continue reading about The Greater Norne Area on SubseaIQ

continue reading the full article

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Production Engineer
Expertise: Production Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
Senior Sales Representative - Oil and Gas
Expertise: Corrosion Engineering|Petroleum Engineering|Sales
Location: Harvey, LA
Gas Storage Reservoir Engineer
Expertise: Petroleum Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $50.79/BBL 1.30%
Light Crude Oil : $49.96/BBL 1.10%
Natural Gas : $2.77/MMBtu 2.12%
Updated in last 24 hours