Dominion Makes Deepwater Discovery at Rigel Prospect

Dominion Exploration and Production has made a deepwater discovery at its Rigel prospect, located at Mississippi Canyon Block 296 in the Gulf of Mexico. The discovery is located in about 5,200' of water.

The Mississippi Canyon 296 #1 well was drilled to a total depth of about 16,200' and encountered 140' of gross gas pay in the main Rob E objective. Additional pay was found in a shallow objective that may allow for a future recompletion. The well has been temporarily abandoned for future use as a subsea completion. Information obtained from the drilling of the well is being evaluated to determine final net pay counts, reserve estimates and development scenarios. The well was drilled by Tranocean Inc.'s semisub, Cajun Express.

Dominion is the operator of the Rigel Prospect with a 75% stake. Newfield owns the other 25% interest.

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles
Related Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $51.78/BBL 0.77%
Light Crude Oil : $50.85/BBL 0.83%
Natural Gas : $2.99/MMBtu 4.77%
Updated in last 24 hours