Total Taps West Phoenix Semisub for UKCS
Seadrill has received a letter of award from Total E&P UK Limited for the deepwater semisubmersible drilling rig West Phoenix on the UK Continental Shelf. The letter of award represents a multi-well contract with an estimated three-year contract period, and the contract value is approximately US $488 million. Commencement of the assignment is scheduled for January 2012, in direct continuation of the present contract with Total E&P Norge AS.
West Phoenix is a 6th generation DP3 semisubmersible drilling rig equipped with full dual capacities enabling enhanced drilling performance.
Alf C Thorkildsen, Chief Executive Officer in Seadrill Management AS, said, "We are pleased to report another long term contract for one of our harsh environment drilling units. The new contract reinforces our strong relationship with Total and expands our operational footprint for mobile drilling units to include the UK Continental Shelf."
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
- Seadrill Warns Again Of Chapter 11 As Extends $14B Debt Talks (Jul 26)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)