AGR Secures Major North Sea Drilling Campaign
AGR Petroleum Services will undertake a multi-well, multi-client drilling campaign on behalf of seven international operators.
The company which first pioneered the ground breaking multi-well, multi-client drilling model in the North Sea in 2007 is now expected to drill more than 15 exploration wells in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea during the three year program.
Sjur Talstad, CEO of AGR Petroleum Services said, "We are delighted to be able to co-ordinate this drilling program on behalf of the operators. This is a significant contract for AGR and it is thanks to our teams' unrivalled skills and experience and the very high quality of past operations that we're in a position to deliver such a complex and far reaching project."
AGR will provide essential support to the drilling campaign on behalf of Wintershall, Discover Petroleum, Nexen, Rocksource, Bridge Energy, E.ON Ruhrgas and OMV. All activities related to offshore support, cost and risk assessments, well planning and execution of operations will be done in cooperation with the operators. In this period, AGR will have a continuous activity onshore and offshore in order to secure the operators' requirements related to a safe and efficient operation. AGR staff and consultants will be provided to compliment the operators' organizations.
This contract follows three successful years of providing well management services on the Bredford Dolphin in the Norwegian North Sea. During that activity more than 15 wells have been successfully drilled for 6 operators. The Bredford Dolphin campaign has created a high exploration well activity for several new oil companies on the Norwegian shelf.
During the last ten years AGR has drilled on average a new well every 9 days -- a total of 400 wells. AGR Petroleum Services has been active in different drilling environments worldwide, including offshore, shallow water, HPHT, deep water and extended reach.
Planning stages of the drilling campaign will start immediately with the first exploration wells anticipated to be drilled towards the spring of 2011.
The 4th generation semisubmersibles drilling rig, Borgland Dolphin, has been contracted by the operators from Dolphin AS to undertake the drilling activity.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: OMV more info
- OMV Flags Higher 3Q Margins, Kurdistan Windfall (Oct 13)
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Austria's OMV Moves Workers In Tunisia Over Gas Field Protests (May 04)
Company: E.ON more info
- Polish Antimonopoly Office Says Nord Stream 2 Threatens Competition (Jul 22)
- Premier Oil's Shares Remain Suspended amid Proposed E.ON Deal (Jan 14)
- Premier Oil to Acquire EON's UK North Sea Assets (Jan 13)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Rocksource ASA more info
- Gas Discovery at Ivory Well Inconclusive (Dec 02)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
- VNG Norge Hits Oil, Gas with Pil Well (Mar 06)
Company: AGR Group more info
- AGR Signs MOU with SP Offshore for Work Offshore Comoros Islands (May 07)
- BP Norge Awards AGR New Frame Agreement (Jun 10)
- Ghanaian Parliament Ratifies South Deepwater Tano Deal (Jan 27)
Company: Discover Petroleum AS more info
- AGR Secures Major North Sea Drilling Campaign (Apr 26)
- Discover Petroleum, Norut Launch Joint Research Project (Oct 27)
- Peru Suspends Oil Contracts, Fires Official In Scandal (Oct 06)