Noble Reports on Double Mountain Exploration Well

Noble Energy announced today that the Double Mountain exploration well in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico reached the targeted Lower Miocene objective and found noncommercial quantities of hydrocarbons.

Drilled to a total depth of 33,815 feet on Green Canyon 555, the well is currently being plugged and abandoned.

BHP Billiton operated the well with 70 percent interest and Noble Energy had the remaining 30 percent.
 

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Equipment Operator (Frac)
Expertise: Driller|Well Control
Location: Midland, TX
 
Truck Driver (Sand)
Expertise: Driller|Oil Terminal / Storage Management|Well Servicing & Testing
Location: Midland, TX
 
United States Houston: Senior Drilling Fluids Engineer
Expertise: Drilling Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $50.64/BBL 0.62%
Light Crude Oil : $48.04/BBL 1.47%
Natural Gas : $3.01/MMBtu 2.58%
Updated in last 24 hours