Huizhou Oil Fields Resume Full Production
CNOOC reported that the Huizhou oil fields, which suspended production after being hit by Typhoon Koppu in September 2009, have restarted production in full scale.
Currently the operations of the Huizhou oil fields are running smoothly, with daily production of 45,000 barrels of oil and over 40 million cubic feet of natural gas.
The Huizhou oil fields halted production after part of their production facilities were damaged from the strike of typhoon Koppu in September 2009.
After the typhoon, the Company worked closely with its partners on the recovery plan for its oil fields in a timely manner. Thanks to the efforts, the Huizhou 21-1 gas field restarted its production shortly after being hit, while other fields such as Huizhou 26-1 resumed production early this year.
Mr. Yang Hua, President of the Company commented, "The Huizhou oil fields are one of our important assets in the Eastern South China Sea. The rapid recovery of these oil fields will provide strong support for achieving the Company's production target in 2010. Meanwhile, the success is an evidence of the outstanding capability of the company together with its partners to overcome difficulties and challenges."
The Huizhou oil fields are located in the Pearl River Mouth Basin and about 120 miles southeast of Hong Kong. The water depth of the fields averages 115 meters. The oil fields consist of 8 platforms, including Huizhou 26-1, Huizhou 19-2 and so on.
The Huizhou oil fields are operated by CACT Operators Group, which comprises CNOOC Ltd, Eni and Chevron.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: CNOOC more info
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)