EMGS Clinches Pre-Funding for Barents Sea Survey
Electromagnetic Geoservices ASA (EMGS) has secured pre-funding from Statoil to start an extensive multi-client 3D EM survey in the Barents Sea, ahead of Norway's 21st exploration licensing round.
The program presently stands at more than 4000 km2, and could be expanded subject to additional industry commitments. EMGS's multi-client data library in the Barents Sea will upon completion of the upcoming campaign cover more than 14,000 km2 of 3D EM data.
Carl Hutchins, EMGS president multi-client group, stated, "This year's survey builds on our successful 2008 campaign and will provide our clients with a significant competitive advantage when it comes to evaluating the most prospective areas. Our final deliverable product is 3D full azimuth anisotropic inversion, another EMGS multi-client first. This important tool allows geologists to position EM data at the proper depth for integration with their seismic-derived prospects."
Data acquisition will start shortly using the purpose-built vessel BOA Thalassa. Early delivery of 3D EM data will ensure that customers have ample time to apply knowledge gained from the EM surveys as a part of their bid preparation for the 21st licensing round in Norway.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Electromagnetic Geoservices ASA (emgs) more info
- EMGS Secures Contract Extension With Malaysian Oil Company (Nov 17)
- EMGS Confirms Further Staff Cuts (Oct 17)
- EMGS Confirms Staff Cuts (Apr 14)