DSME Secures Rig Order for Kazakh Oil Search
DSME recently won a new order for an inland barge from a South Korean consortium led by the state-run Korea National Oil Corporation.
Measuring 100m in length and 40m in width, the inland bargve will be capable of drilling wells up to 6,000m deep. The vessel will be built using a barge type design and will operate in the Zhambyl oil field in Kazakhstan for oil exploration.
This order is especially noteworthy as it is a tangible achievement complimenting DSME's overseas energy development plans and the company expects additional orders for production facilities and plants in the Zhambyl oil field.
To date, DSME's 2010 secured orders stand at sixteen ships and offshore platforms.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
Manages 2 Offshore Rigs
- KNOC Contracts Land Rig 'KS Discoverer 1' for Drilling in Kurdistan (Mar 18)
- KNOC Seeking to Invest in US Shale Gas (Jul 11)
- DSME Secures Rig Order for Kazakh Oil Search (Apr 16)
Company: DSME more info
- Seadrill Defers Delivery of Drillships from DSME (Jan 15)
- DSME Files Complaint with LMAA Over Songa Offshore's Newbuild Semisubs (Jul 31)
- DNV Launches JIP with South Korean Yards to Reduce Project Cost by 15% (Jul 23)