Valiant Spuds Tybalt in UK North Sea


Ocean Nomad
(Click to Enlarge)

Valiant commenced drilling operations on the 211/8c exploratory well on the Tybalt prospect. The well is preparing to spud today and should take around 30 days to reach its target depth of roughly 11,400 feet true vertical depth subsea. Diamond Offshore's Ocean Nomad will perform drilling operations. The prospect is located in the Magnus sand formation and is targeting initial, gross P50 prospective resources of 35.6 MMbbl in the eastern 'T2' location. A sidetrack well may also be performed depending on results of the initial well to test a four-way dip 'T1' structure to the west of the main prospect. The Tybalt prospect is situated in Quad 211 in the UK sector of the North Sea. Valiant owns an 80% operating interest; Agora Oil and Gas holds the remaining 20%.

continue reading about Tybalt on SubseaIQ
 

continue reading the full article

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Omron/Amphion Driller
Expertise: Derrickman|Driller|Motorman
Location: Houston, TX
 
Omron/Amphion Motorhand
Expertise: Floorhand / Roughneck|Motorman
Location: Houston, TX
 
United States Odessa: Field Engineer - Cased Hole
Expertise: Casing
Location: Odessa, TX
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $53/BBL 1.72%
Light Crude Oil : $49.77/BBL 2.27%
Natural Gas : $3.6/MMBtu 1.09%
Updated in last 24 hours