BP to Tighten Taps at Thunder Horse

Thunder Horse
(Click to Enlarge)

BP will begin shutting down around 50% of wells feeding into the Thunder Horse oil and gas platform at a cost of $500 million due to lost production and direct construction costs, the Financial Times reported. It is expected the shutdown will last around 60 days while BP implements a permanent repair system to minimize delays on the project. Situated in a water depth of 6,050 feet (1,844 meters), the Thunder Horse oil and gas field is located on Mississippi Canyon Blocks 776, 777 and 778, about 150 miles (241 kilometers) southeast of New Orleans, La. Thunder Horse is operated by BP, which holds a 75% interest; ExxonMobil holds the remaining 25% interest in the field.

continue reading about the Thunder Horse field on SubseaIQ

continue reading the full article


Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Production Engineer
Expertise: Production Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
Senior Sales Representative - Oil and Gas
Expertise: Corrosion Engineering|Petroleum Engineering|Sales
Location: Harvey, LA
Gas Storage Reservoir Engineer
Expertise: Petroleum Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $50.79/BBL 1.30%
Light Crude Oil : $49.96/BBL 1.10%
Natural Gas : $2.77/MMBtu 2.12%
Updated in last 24 hours