Aker to Supply Umbilicals for Tamar Gas Field
Aker Solutions will supply approximately 149 miles (240 kilometers) of steel tube subsea umbilicals for the Tamar gas field. Engineering and project management will be provided from Aker Solutions' Houston office and manufacturing will take place at Aker Solutions' umbilical facility in Mobile, Alabama. The estimated delivery date of the equipment is 2Q11. Tamar is located in 5,505 feet (1,678 meters) of water offshore Israel and lies on the Matan Block. Noble Energy operates Tamar with a 36% working interest.
SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)
- Deal Of The Month: Noble Energy Marches Out of Marcellus in Full $1.9B Exit (May 31)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)