PGS' new simplified organization will consist of Marine Contract, MultiClient, Data Processing & Technology, New Ventures and Operations.
"With the new structure we aim to improve focus on the product lines and thereby position the group for future growth," said Jon Erik Reinhardsen, CEO of PGS.
He continued, "The new organization will provide our customers with cutting-edge solutions through our fleet of highly advanced seismic vessels and our leading technologies."
The new organization will be effective as from May 1, 2010.
- Marine Contract will offer proprietary acquisition services to our clients, and remain the main revenue source of our future activities. The unit will be led by Rune Eng, currently Group President Marine.
- A separate MultiClient organization will enable us to grow our core MultiClient business. This unit will have more resources, dedicated management and be led by Sverre Strandenes, currently Group President Data Processing & Technology.
- Data Processing & Technology will continue the focused growth and development, under the leadership of Guillaume Cambois, currently President of PGS Marine business in Asia Pacific.
- The New Ventures business area will focus on developing and commercializing PGS assets and manage long-term growth opportunities. Reservoir, EM and Optoseis will be part of this organization, as well as a team exploring and developing new business opportunities not covered by our current business models. Head of this unit will be Per Arild Reksnes, currently President of PGS Marine business in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
- Operations will continue to manage our fleet including renewal and growth. Operations will be led by Magne Reiersgard, currently President of PGS Marine business in North & South America.