Aker Aces Subsea Maintenance Contract in Brazil
Aker Solutions has signed a three-year contract with Petrobras for maintenance of subsea control systems supplied to the Brazilian national oil company. The contract value is BRL 30 million (NOK 100 million).
The contract will be managed from Aker Solutions' service base in Rio das Ostras, through a specialized Brazilian team.
Scope of work comprises maintenance, supply of parts and offshore operations on control systems already installed, and on their respective tests and installation tools, which are held onshore. The contract also covers maintenance of equipment installed on platforms, including the HPU (hydraulic power unit) and EPU (electrical power unit).
The contract also allows new equipment to be included within the maintenance scope of work as subsequent deliveries are being made, such as the manifolds for the Albacora field and the Tupi subsea trees, which are all equipped with control systems.
"This contract reflects our intention to establish partnerships throughout the subsea equipment lifecycle, from engineering and manufacturing through to life-of-field maintenance," said Marcelo Taulois, president of Aker Solutions' subsea business area in Brazil.
"Through significant investments in our modern Rio das Ostras subsea service base, we are well prepared to meet the growing demand for maintenance services in Brazil," concluded Taulois.
Aker Solutions' contract party is Aker Solutions do Brasil Ltda.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)