Aker Solutions Aces Gorgon Umbilical Contract
Aker Solutions has signed a contract with Chevron Australia Pty Ltd to supply subsea umbilicals and associated equipment for the Gorgon Project, offshore Australia. Contract value is approximately NOK 550 million.
Aker Solutions will supply 264 kilometers of steel tube umbilicals to the Gorgon Project, which will develop the Greater Gorgon Area gas fields, located about 130 kilometers off the northwest coast of Western Australia.
The steel tube umbilicals will connect the Gorgon Project's subsea production system to an onshore liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant on Barrow Island, Western Australia.
"This is one of the largest umbilical contracts ever awarded," said Tove Roeskaft, senior vice president for umbilicals, Aker Solutions. "Australia has several large offshore developments coming up and this contract will allow us to demonstrate the robustness and quality of our product, which will help position us for future work in this part of the world. We will work hard to grab that opportunity."
Engineering of the umbilicals will be managed out of Aker Solutions' facilities in Oslo, Norway, and Perth, Western Australia. The steel tube umbilicals will be manufactured at Aker Solutions' facility in Moss, Norway. Final deliveries will be made in 2Q 2012.
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- Japan's JERA Imports First LNG Cargo Shipped From Chevron's Wheatstone Site (Nov 13)
- Chevron Canada Okays Duvernay Development (Nov 07)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)