Siem Reels in Gullfaks PCD Contract
Siem WIS AS, a company 60% owned by Siem Offshore, has entered into its first commercial contract for Siem WIS' Pressure Control Device ("PCD") with Statoil ASA.
The PCD was recently qualified for managed pressure drilling ("MPD") operations at Ullrigg test facilities in Stavanger.
The operation will be performed on Statoil's Gullfaks field in the Norwegian North Sea. The equipment is mobilized, and the work is to commence in 1Q 2010.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Siem Offshore Inc. more info
- Siem Offshore Acquires 100% Interest in Secunda Canada (May 18)
- Woodside Inks Contract for Australia's First LNG-Powered Support Vessel (Apr 12)
- Siem Offshore Bags Contract to Provide AHTS Vessel to Woodside (Mar 21)