Oil Search Tests Oil at Al Meashar-1 in Yemen
AWE reported that an open hole drill stem test over the interval 3,125 to 3,660 meters measured depth in the Al Meashar-1 well in Block 7, Yemen, commenced on March 18. The well has flowed oil and drilling fluids to surface at unstabilized rates. A large amount of drilling fluid was lost to the formation during drilling and this is still being recovered. The testing program is continuing.
Operated by Oil Search, the Al Meashar-1 well is targeting fractured basement rock in a structure defined by a 3D survey acquired in 2008.
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
- Oil Search Q3 Revenue Beats Forecasts (Oct 18)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)