ConocoPhillips Awards EPC Contract for Ekofisk Jackets
ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS, Norway has awarded Aker Solutions an EPC contract for the platform jacket and bridge support jacket for the new Ekofisk accommodation platform -- Ekofisk 2/4L -- located at the Ekofisk Center in the Norwegian North Sea.
The contract will be executed by the Aker Solutions yard in Verdal, and includes engineering, procurement, construction, load-out and sea-fastening of the steel jacket, bridge support jacket and associated piles.
The detail engineering starts immediately, while fabrication in Verdal will commence in November 2010. Both the jacket and the bridge support jacket will be delivered in the spring of 2012, and will then become number 36 and 37 in the series of jackets delivered by Aker Verdal.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)