Mustang to Review North Rankin B Platform Topsides
North West Shelf Venture's Australian operator, Woodside Energy, has selected Wood Group's Mustang to provide the independent assessment and verification of readiness for one of the world's heaviest open-water floatover installations, the North Rankin B (NRB) platform topsides, to be located on the North West Shelf of Australia.
The NRB topsides installation is significant and will break world records including the heaviest topsides (23,600t) to be floatover-installed on a steel jacket; and, at a depth of 126 meters (413 feet), the deepest open-water floatover steel jacket.
The NRB topsides is an integrated floatover deck which will be installed on the platform's steel jacket substructure. The NRB topsides will be transported to its final location on a 20 meter high Deck Support Frame such that the topsides is floatover installed on the top of the NRB jacket at an elevation of 28 meters. The floatover method eliminates the use of lifting operations and uses the transport barge itself as an installation barge. This eliminates the need for a crane vessel, which results in cost, scheduling and risk benefits.
The NRB platform will be similar in size to the existing North Rankin A (NRA) facility. Once installed, the NRB platform bridge-linked to the existing NRA platform will form the NR2 central processing complex.
The work commenced in January 2010.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Mustang Engineering more info
- Mustang Secures Topsides Role for Anardarko's Lucius Development (Dec 20)
- Mustang Completes Engineering Gig at Eni Nikaitchuq Facility (Jun 28)
- Mustang Snags Detail Design Contract for Chevron Facility (Sep 07)