Woodside Wraps Up Sale of Interest in Otway Gas Project
Woodside advised that the sale of its 51.55% interest in the Otway Gas Project to Origin Energy Resources Ltd and Benaris International N.V. is now complete.
The purchase price has been adjusted for the estimated net impact of capital expenditure, operating costs and earnings to completion, taking the price to A$724.5 million. This is subject to a further adjustment on the settlement of final joint venture accounts up to the completion date.
The transition of operatorship to Origin will occur in the second quarter of 2010 subject to normal regulatory processes.
Macquarie Capital Advisers Limited acted as Woodside's lead financial adviser in relation to the transaction. Woodside was also advised by Credit Suisse (Australia) Ltd.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Origin Energy more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Benaris International more info
- Woodside Wraps Up Sale of Interest in Otway Gas Project (Mar 16)
- Origin Updates on Purchase of Woodside's Otway Interest (Dec 07)
- Woodside Prepares to Case Somerset 1 Offshore Tasmania (Oct 22)