Det norske Gets Go-Ahead to Drill North Sea Well
Det norske has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the southern North Sea with the Bredford Dolphin semisub. The consent relates to drilling and testing of exploration well 15/12-22, which is part of production license 337.
The well is located 215 km from Karmøy, about 15 km northeast of the Varg field. The water depth at the drilling location is 83 meters.
Drilling is expected to start in March 2010. The activity has an estimated duration of about 35 days if the well is dry and 87 days if a discovery is made, including drilling of a sidetrack, testing and logging.
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)