Weatherford Bags Pipeline Services Contract in Santos Basin
Weatherford's Pipeline & Specialty Services group has been awarded a contract by Saipem for precommissioning services on the Uruguà-Mexilhão pipeline in the Santos Basin, offshore Brazil. The 18-inch, 174-kilometer long gas pipeline will link the floating production, storage and offloading vessel Cidade de Santos, located in the Exploratory Block BS-500 at Uruguá field, in 1372 meters water depth, to the Mexilhão gas platform in the Mexilhão field in 172 meters water depth.
Weatherford's scope of work includes filling, testing, dewatering, conditioning and geometry inspection of the pipeline, along with onshore preparation operations. The project is expected to be completed in 2010.
Weatherford's Pipeline & Specialty Services operations in Brazil have expanded rapidly in the last four years.
- Weatherford Names Former Halliburton CFO Its New Chief (Mar 07)
- Document: Algeria's Sonatrach Awards $180M in Oil Service Contracts (May 08)
- Aker Posts Lower Profits, Cuts Workforce Salary (Feb 12)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)