Schlumberger Snaps Ups Seismic Services Provider
Schlumberger has acquired Nexus Geosciences, Inc., a Houston-based provider of integrated seismic software and services for rapid imaging, modeling and interpretation. The group will become part of the WesternGeco business unit.
The company has developed proprietary technologies for fast imaging and modeling, enabling oil and gas companies to rapidly build, update and validate their velocity models. This information can enable them to reduce uncertainties even in the most complex geological environments.
"Our customers are exploring in areas of increasing geological complexity while under considerable time pressures," said Maurice Nessim, vice president of WesternGeco GeoSolutions. "The combination of Nexus proven imaging and modeling expertise with WesternGeco advanced imaging solutions and global reach will allow us to help our customers meet these challenges more effectively."
As the search for hydrocarbons continues to intensify, oil and gas companies are looking at increasingly complex geological environments, where imaging technologies and velocity modeling play a key role in reducing exploration risk.
- Offshore Start-Up Borr Drilling Aims To Expand Fleet, Keep Costs Low (Aug 30)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
- Russian Watchdog Says Schlumberger-Eurasia Drilling Deal 'Has Big Problems' (Aug 16)
Company: WesternGeco more info
- OGA Awards Contracts for UK Government Funded Seismic Campaign (Jul 13)
- WesternGeco Unveils Enhanced Imaging Technique (Apr 23)
- TGS Begins Gulf of Mexico Survey with WesternGeco (Dec 12)