Gulf Keystone Confirms Kurdistan Oil Discovery
Gulf Keystone announced that Kalegran Ltd., a 100% subsidiary of MOL Hungarian Oil and Gas Plc. and the operator of the Akri Bijeel block in Kurdistan, concluded a successful oil test in the Bijeel-1 exploration well in the Akri Bijeel block. Undiluted equity working interests in Akri Bijeel are currently 80% Kalegran and 20% GKPI.
The tested zone is in the upper Jurassic and flowed at rates of up to 3,200 bopd with associated gas rates of 933,000 scf/d. Oil gravity was 18 degrees API and flowing wellhead pressure was 420 psi on a 48/64" choke.
Drilling operations are still in line with previously announced plans, following completion of the full test cycle, drilling will resume from the current depth of 3831m to a final planned depth of approximately 4400m, pending actual well results.
- MOL Group Acquires New Licenses in Hungary (Feb 07)
- MOL Makes Oil, Gas Discoveries in Pakistan (Jul 13)
- MOL Finds Condensate, Gas at Makori East-05 Well in Pakistan's TAL Block (Jul 12)
Company: Gulf Keystone more info
- Gulf Keystone Ready to Further Invest in Shaikan, Needs Payment Clarity (Feb 01)
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- China's Sinopec Weighs Takeover Of Gulf Keystone (Dec 13)