Cobalt Taps Ocean Monarch for North Platte Prospect
Cobalt has executed a Rig Assignment Agreement with Anadarko providing for the assignment to Cobalt of Diamond Offshore's Ocean Monarch semisub.
Cobalt plans to use the rig to drill its North Platte #1 exploratory well. Cobalt expects Anadarko to make the rig available to Cobalt on or about May 1, 2010, depending upon when the current assignee of the rig concludes its designated drilling operations. Cobalt also has an option to use Ocean Monarch to drill a second well.
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)
Company: Cobalt International more info
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
- Cobalt Encouraged by North Platte Appraisal Results (Jan 04)