Statoil Awards HSE Frame Agreement to Sontum in Norway
Sontum Fire & Safety AS, a 100% owned subsidiary of Stavanger based Valco Group, has today signed a frame agreement with Statoil for delivery of fire and safety equipment and related maintenance and training. The contract is for a period of 3 years with option for another 2 years and embraces all Statoil's offshore and onshore installations in "Operating Area West" and "Operating Area North Sea."
Sontum estimates annualized value of the contract to be 40-50 MNOK, giving a total of 200-250 MNOK (25-30 MEUR) during the maximum period of 5 years.
"Sontum is awarded this contract in strong competition with several companies. We are convinced that this positive conclusion by Statoil was based on two main facts:
- that Sontum, in cooperation with partners, could offer a broader range of products and services than the other competing companies
- the dedicated service attitude and high quality Statoil has experienced from the Sontum team during several years already,"
said General Manager, Mr. Audun Hellesøy. Together with his team he is ready to start the deliveries to Statoil already next week.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)