WesternGeco's UniQ System Sets Seismic Record in Kuwait
WesternGeco reported that the UniQ integrated point-receiver land seismic system has set a new industry record in Kuwait for Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) in acquiring data from 80,000 live digital point-receiver channels at a two-millisecond sample interval.
During sustained slip-sweep production in February, UniQ technology acquired and real-time quality checked one terabyte of data per hour -- the equivalent of five days of production for a typical 3000- channel conventional crew. All data were concurrently pre-conditioned using the Q-Xpress* in-field integrated seismic data acquisition and processing workflow for near real-time seismic data analysis. The UniQ system is being deployed in conjunction with WesternGeco DX-80 Desert Explorer vibrators and MD Sweep low-frequency technology.
Part of the Q-Technology point-receiver seismic hardware and software portfolio, the UniQ system combines extreme channel count technology with support for advanced simultaneous source techniques. Building upon the fidelity provided by the broad bandwidth geophone accelerometer sensor, the system can support up to 150,000 live channels at a two-millisecond sample interval.
"UniQ continues to set new standards of performance in the land seismic business, proving that sustained high productivity can be reliably combined with high channel count recording," said Marwan Moufarrej, vice president, land, WesternGeco.
- Offshore Start-Up Borr Drilling Aims To Expand Fleet, Keep Costs Low (Aug 30)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
- Russian Watchdog Says Schlumberger-Eurasia Drilling Deal 'Has Big Problems' (Aug 16)
Company: WesternGeco more info
- OGA Awards Contracts for UK Government Funded Seismic Campaign (Jul 13)
- WesternGeco Unveils Enhanced Imaging Technique (Apr 23)
- TGS Begins Gulf of Mexico Survey with WesternGeco (Dec 12)