Technip Wins CNOOC Contract in South China Sea
Technip has been awarded by China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) a flexible pipe supply contract for the Lufeng 13-1/13-2 oil fields, located in the South China Sea.
Technip's operating center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, will execute this contract, which includes the engineering and supply of a 6" riser, a mid water arch and a 6" flowline. Manufacturing of the flexible pipes will commence in the third quarter 2010 after completion of the factory qualification trials. Delivery is planned for February 2011.
This award marks an important milestone for Technip, as it will be the first contract for commercial manufacture in its new flexible pipe plant, Asiaflex Products, located in the Tanjung Langsat industrial complex in Malaysia.
Built to cater to the expanding Asia Pacific market and growing demand for deepwater solutions in the region, Asiaflex Products will have the capacity to produce 200 kilometers of flexible flowlines, risers and umbilicals(3) per year. The 20-hectare site, including a dedicated 130-meter long quay and a 300-tonne crane, is being developed as a one-stop hub where manufacture of flexible pipes and umbilicals, fabrication of auxiliary equipment and mobilization of Technip’s Subsea assets will be fully integrated.
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)