Wintershall Gets Go-Ahead to Drill in Norwegian Sea
Wintershall Norge ASA has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling in the Norwegian Sea with the Songa Delta semisub.
Well 6406/3-8 is part of production license 475BS and is located approximately 50 kilometers southwest of Heidrun and 20 kilometers southeast of Åsgard. Water depth at the site is approximately 300 meters.
Expected start-up of the drilling activity is in March 2010. The operation has an estimated duration of 48 to 60 days.
Manages 20 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)