Maurel & Prom Moves on from Tie-Tie-NE-1 Onshore Congo
Maurel & Prom noted that the Tie-Tie-NE-1 well, located in the La Noumbi exploration license onshore Congo, has reached a final depth of 2,550 m in the Djeno formation (Lower Cretaceous). Between 1,775 and 1,875 meters, a siltstone interval has shown hydrocarbon indications. As a result of measurements performed at the end of the drilling, it appears that this interval (which exhibits strong gas shows) does not suggest viable commercial development due to its distance from potential markets. The well has therefore been plugged and abandoned.
However, this well has provided valuable information about a region where geological data are old and inadequate. This new information could be useful for the development of the Banio oilfield, 20 km over the border with Gabon that has been in production for over 2 years.
The drilling rig will now be moved overland across Gabon to the Banio-5 site 20 km away.
- Gabon Oil Workers To End Strike At Onal Field On Wednesday (Oct 25)
- Indonesia's Pertamina Takes 24.53% Stake in France's Maurel & Prom (Aug 03)
- Maurel & Prom Makes Deep Cuts as Oil Price Fall Bites (Jan 28)
Company: Afren PLC more info
- Lekoil Acquires Afren's Stake in the Ogo Field Offshore Nigeria (Dec 01)
- Oil Producer Afren's Board to Put Company into Administration (Jul 31)
- Afren Requests Suspension of Shares (Jul 15)