Technip-Chiyoda JV Win EPC Contract in Qatar
Technip, leader in a joint venture with Chiyoda, has been awarded by Qatar Liquefied Gas Company Limited (Qatargas) an engineering, procurement and construction contract for the Plateau Maintenance Project (PMP) in Ras Laffan, Qatar.
Technip and Chiyoda previously carried out the feasibility study, pre-front-end engineering design (pre-FEED) and FEED of the facilities.
The scope of this contract includes a new acid gas removal unit, a new sulphur recovery unit, and modifications to utility systems for handling increased feedgas rates to the existing liquefied natural gas (LNG) trains. The contract is scheduled to be completed in 2013.
Qatargas, a joint venture composed of Qatar Petroleum, Total, ExxonMobil, Mitsui and Marubeni, has been operating three LNG trains since 1996. These trains are currently producing 10 million tones of LNG per annum.
- Japan's NYK Completes Acquisition of 25% Stake in EMAS CHIYODA Subsea (Sep 30)
- Saipem Bags 2 Contracts for Indonesia's Tangguh LNG Expansion Project (Jul 28)
- LTHE-ECS JV Bags $1.6B EPCI Deal from Saudi Aramco for Hasbah Gas Project (Jul 22)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Qatargas more info
- Qatargas Asks Suppliers To Set Up Local Offices Amid Arab Boycott (Jul 12)
- Pakistan Seeks to Import More LNG to Address Supply Shortage (Jun 16)
- Biggest No Longer Means Best in Qatar's Strategy for LNG Wealth (Jan 06)