Eni Unlocks Black Gold in Deep Angolan Waters
Eni has made two new oil discoveries in Block 15/06, in deep Angolan waters. Eni is the operator of Block 15/06, holding a 35% working interest in the block.
Drilled by the Scarabeo 7, the discovery wells Nzanza-1 and Cinguvu-1 are located around 350 km northwest of Luanda, in a water depth of some 1,400 meters.
During production testing, the Nzanza-1 well produced oil with a density of 18 API gravity at rates above 1,600 barrels/day. At Cinguvu-1, the production test reached a maximum flow of 6,400 barrels/day of oil with a density of 23 API gravity.
The other partners are Sonangol P&P (15%), SSI Fifteen Limited (20%), Total (15%), Petrobras (5%), Falcon Oil Holding Angola AS (5%), and Statoil Angola Block 15/06 AS (5%).
Nzanza-1 and Cinguvu-1 results follow the success of Cabaça Norte-1 reaching a count of three consecutive oil discoveries in the block in 2009, and five in total, including Sangos and NGoma drilled by Block 15/06 partnership in 2008. Additional exploratory wells will be drilled in Block 15/06 yet this year.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)
Company: Falcon Oil & Gas more info
- Falcon Updates on Drilling Ops at Amungee NW-1H Well in Beetaloo Basin (Sep 30)
- Falcon O&G Provides Update on Drilling Ops in Beetaloo Basin in Australia (Jul 26)
- Falcon Outlines Drilling Plans for its Australia's Beetaloo Basin Assets (Apr 29)