Sembawang Shipyard Secures Longevity Contract for LNG Carrier
Sembcorp Marine's subsidiary Sembawang Shipyard has secured a major longevity contract, reinforcing its reputation as a world-leading ship-repair yard.
LNG Carrier Longevity Contract for North West Shelf LNG Venture
The contract is a longevity project from the North West Shelf LNG Venture, the shipyard's Favored Customer Contract (FCC) customer, for the life extension of its LNG carrier, the Northwest Snipe. The six participants in the North West Shelf Venture gas interests are BHP Billiton Petroleum (North West Shelf) Pty Ltd, BP Developments Australia Pty Ltd, Chevron Australia Pty Ltd, Japan Australia LNG (MM) Pty Ltd, Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd and Woodside Energy Ltd.
The Northwest Snipe is scheduled to arrive in the shipyard in September 2010 to undergo sophisticated life extension works which include ballast tanks blasting and coating work, hull structural enhancement, integrated automation system renewal, HVAC and refrigeration system renewal, cargo and ballast valve actuator system replacement and boiler system renewal. This will be Sembawang Shipyard's second longevity project for the North West Shelf LNG Project following the successful completion of the life extension work on Northwest Sanderling in August 2009. This award further reinforces Sembawang Shipyard's global leadership position in the specialised LNG carriers' life extension work.
Besides the above contract, other major contracts secured recently by Sembawang Shipyard include the refit and upgrade of two drillships.
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: Sembawang Shipyard more info
- Sembawang Shipyard Bags Teekay's $41M Gina Krog FSO Conversion Project (Apr 22)
- Sembawang Shipyard Bags $480M Contract from Saipem for 2 FPSO Conversions (Jul 21)
- Sembawang Shipyard Secures Longevity Contract for LNG Carrier (Feb 18)