Shell to Develop Jurassic Gas Reserves in Kuwait
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) and Shell signed an Enhanced Technical Service Agreement on February 17 for development of the Jurassic Gas fields. The agreement builds on a 60-year relationship between Shell and Kuwait.
Under the contract, Shell will deploy technical experts to Kuwait to support KOC in its management of the ongoing development of the Jurassic Gas fields. This project is both complicated and challenging, due to unconventional geological formations, difficult reservoir conditions and complex gas compositions.
The development of non-associated gas is a key strategic project on which KOC depends to meet a significant part of Kuwait's need for clean energy.
"This agreement reinforces our long-term commitment to the State of Kuwait," said Malcolm Brinded, Executive Director of Upstream International. "We will bring to bear our experience which we have gained developing the most challenging gas resources around the globe including sour and tight gas."
"The development of the Jurassic Gas fields is complex," said Sami Fahad Al-Rushaid, Chairman and Managing Director of Kuwait Oil Company. "We believe that KOC resources combined with Shell's expertise will maximize production from the Jurassic Gas fields."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Kuwait Oil Company more info
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Weir Oil & Gas Secures KOC Wellhead Contract (Nov 07)
- Amec FW Clinches KOC's FEED Contract to Upgrade OGC in Kuwait (May 27)