Statoil Extends Production Drilling Contracts
Statoil has chosen to exercise options in existing contracts with Odfjell Drilling Managment, KCA Deutag Norge and Seawell for production drilling and maintenance services.
The options allow Statoil to extend five contacts which expire in 2010 by two years.
The contracts cover services on 17 of Statoil's 20 fixed installations on the Norwegian continental shelf.
The total value of all exercised options is about NOK 3.6 billion.
"Statoil intends to continue its efforts to increase the quality of all deliveries. Continuity of the cooperation with key contributors will provide a basis for the desired HSE level and improved efficiency," said Geir Slora, senior vice president, drilling & well.
Senior vice president for procurements in Statoil, Anders Opedal, looks forward to continuing the partnership with Odfjell Drilling Managment, KCA Deutag Norge and Seawell.
"It is essential that our suppliers help contribute positively to our goal of improved efficiency and progress. As always, we expect our suppliers to deliver on schedule, according to quality and HSE requirements," Opedal said.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Odfjell more info
Manages 20 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: KCA Deutag more info
- Norway Strike Threat Increases as Parties Fail to Find Agreement (Jun 08)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- KCA Confirms Plans to Hire 300 Workers in Norway (Mar 30)
Company: Seawell Limited more info
- Seawell, Allis-Chalmers Merger Finalized (Feb 24)
- Seawell to Acquire Allis-Chalmers for $890MM (Aug 13)
- Statoil Extends Production Drilling Contracts (Feb 16)