Repsol Taps Technip for Mediterranean Subsea Work
Technip has been awarded a lump sum contract by Repsol Investigaciones Petroliferas SA for the development of two fields located approximately 50 kilometers off the east coast of Spain.
Technip's scope includes engineering, supply, installation and pre-commissioning of the 11-kilometer flexible pipeline system that will connect two production wells to the Casablanca platform. This pipeline system will include a riser, a flowline and two jumpers.
Technip will also install a pumping manifold, umbilicals and flying leads provided by the client. The project is located in a fishing area. To protect fishing lines, the flexible pipelines and umbilicals will therefore be trenched.
Technip's operating center in Paris, France, will execute this contract. All flexible pipelines will be fabricated at the Group's plant in Le Trait, France. Offshore installation is scheduled to be carried out in the first half of 2011, using the Deep Constructor, one of Technip's deepwater construction vessels.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)