PGS Closes Sale of Onshore Seismic Data Business
PGS has closed the sale of PGS' Onshore seismic data acquisition business and related MultiClient library to Geokinetics. The consideration in the transaction consisted of a combination of approximately US $184 million in cash and 2.15 million shares of Geokinetics common stock.
The 2.15 million shares issued to PGS represent approximately 12% of the current outstanding common shares of Geokinetics. Following the closing of the transaction, PGS is expected to be the second largest shareholder of Geokinetics.
The combination of Geokinetics and the onshore business of PGS will create the second largest onshore seismic acquisition company in the world in terms of crew count and the largest based in the Western Hemisphere. The company will have the assets and technical capabilities for up to 38 crews and carry in excess of 207,000 equipment channels, more than 150 vibroseis units and possess in excess of 6,240 square miles of MultiClient library data upon completion of current projects in progress.
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- PGS Raises Funds Through Private Placement (Nov 23)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: Geokinetics Inc. more info
- Armada, Geokinetics Ink Agreement for Niobrara 3-D Survey (Jul 09)
- Weather Watch: Rescue Efforts Ongoing for Missing Offshore Workers (Sep 09)
- Geokinetics Shuffles Management (Mar 23)