E.ON, Partners to Drill Firm Well on Breiflabb Prospect
Rocksource reported that the partnership in PL 416 in Block 31/8 on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS) has decided to move forward to drill a firm well targeting the Breiflabb prospect.
The sanctioned well is estimated to be drilled in May 2011 with the drilling unit Borgland Dolphin. Rocksource has swapped the company's rig slot in 2011 with an E.ON Ruhrgas' slot in 2012, to secure an earlier drill date. Rocksource independently estimates the primary target at the Breiflabb prospect to contain mean recoverable resources amounting to 170 million barrels of oil equivalents.
Rocksource estimates the chance of success to be 44 percent. Both risk and volumetric estimates have been high-graded based upon additional information provided by the integrated EM data evaluation.
Block 31/8 lies within the Stord Basin and is located approximately 30 km southwest of the Troll Field. The Breiflabb prospect is a fault controlled, structural trap with potential for multiple vertically-stacked reservoir intervals. The main reservoir potential is related to the shallow-marine sandstones of the Upper Jurassic Sognefjord Formation. Additional, deeper reservoir potential may be found in the underlying Lower - Middle Jurassic Brent and Dunlin Groups. The main prospect risk is associated with source and migration.
The PL 416 partnership consists of E.ON Ruhrgas (Operator, 50%), Rocksource (35%) and Det norske oljeselskap ASA (15%).
- Polish Antimonopoly Office Says Nord Stream 2 Threatens Competition (Jul 22)
- Premier Oil's Shares Remain Suspended amid Proposed E.ON Deal (Jan 14)
- Premier Oil to Acquire EON's UK North Sea Assets (Jan 13)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Rocksource ASA more info
- Gas Discovery at Ivory Well Inconclusive (Dec 02)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
- VNG Norge Hits Oil, Gas with Pil Well (Mar 06)